Monday, November 30, 2015

EBP's Year-End Push

If you're like me, you're often surprised when you turn to the final page in the calendar. It's not like I didn't know that December was coming after November, but it's still a shock to see that there are just a few weeks left in the year. Yet, there's just not enough time in December to accomplish all I set out to do in the dwindling year. I put together New Year's resolutions; I usually start preparing them in October, actually, and I've already embarked on some of my 2016 goals.

So, there's no time like the present to get moving on my goal of posting at least one blog entry per week. Yes, that's a 2016 goal, not one for 2015, which would have been truly pathetic given how few posts I've written this year. One thing I can confirm is we'll be setting Battery Brothers by Steven Carman to free for a few days in the middle of the month. If you haven't read it, that can be your gift to yourself!

One thing that has been adding to my gray hair is deciding whether the time has come to publish one of my novels in 2016 through Elephant's Bookshelf Press. While I've served as the editor for nearly all the EBP anthologies, as any author knows, that's not the same thing as writing a novel. I suspect the time is not quite ripe for one of my novels. I'm not sure I remember where I hid the key for the trunk it's in. But when I unlock that trunk, I'll definitely take a look.

Looking at 2016, however, EBP has a lot in store whether I finalize one of my novels or not. In the spring, we'll release the next Billy Bobble novel, which I'm very excited to share with everyone. I expect to create a new anthology that'll be released probably in the late summer/early fall. And we may have another novel that isn't mine that'll be ready before the year ends. I've also been toying with some other ideas that may result in short story and/or novella collections -- and maybe even some nonfiction -- for 2016 or early 2017.

All exciting stuff from my perspective. But I'd love to hear what you guys have in store for the final month of 2015 and into the new year. Please share!

No comments: