Sunday, November 04, 2007

NaNo WriMo: This Is Fun!


Before I go too far, I was looking for an image to depict juvenile aliens, and when I found the one I finally selected, I couldn't help but laugh. Every once in a while, the world needs a little PG-13 in an otherwise family-friendly site.

Anyway, back to my point: While I'm nowhere near the pace I need to reach my goal of 50,000 words, I'm enjoying the story I've created for my NaNo WriMo entry. It's a quasi-science fiction work. I won't go into too much detail here, but I'm writing about alien abductions (no, I've never experienced one, thank God) and college. And it's chock full of goofy stuff and oddball characters, which is as I like it. I generally write serious stuff in which some characters might have a good sense of humor, but I've been reading a lot of Christopher Moore the past year or so, and I'm really enjoying the funny, irreverent way he can tell a story. This is my homage to Christopher Moore.

Hopefully, some of my fellow writers will visit. Stop for a moment and sip from your coffee cup (or mine). Talk some trash, spin a yarn, or cast aspersions. I won't judge.

No comments: