Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Amazing Influences of Michael Chabon


Boldtype has a wonderful interview with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon. Boldtype's newsletters are gathered in themes, and the one from late February (Hey, I can't read everything right away) is about collections. In the interview, Chabon talks about his baseball card and comic book collections, but overall it's an examination about his soon-to-be-released collection of nonfiction work, being published by McSweeney's. Beyond that, it seems like a collection of influences.

As I've stated before, I'm a big fan of Chabon; I count The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay among my favorite books written in the past fifteen years. I can relate to the idea of collection -- believe me, my wife can attest to large collections of books, baseball cards, and beer bottles that "litter" our house -- so this interview worked for me on many levels.

What did you think of it?

No comments: