Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Elephant's Birthday


It's hard for me to believe that I started this blog a year ago today. It's been slow-going; I don't post here nearly as often as I do at my Coffee Cup. But sometimes this blog feels more important to me than the other one -- or the others I've scattered to the wind, for that matter. To me, this site is about potential -- sometimes realized, sometimes now, both mine and that of published authors. I have a vision for what I want this particular blog to become; it would be related to when I actually get my first novel published, and then the next, and the next...

Blogs are inherently self-serving, which heightens my bittersweet feelings toward them. They focus on personal interests, basically in a journal form. They're only as popular as the author/blogger allows them to be. I don't do much promoting of either of these sites, though I've noticed some increase lately in their traffic levels.

But I'd like the Elephants' Bookshelf to be more than that. On this anniversary, however, I'm going to feel fortunate for having been able to spend a little bit of time each month to keep this going. Thanks to those of you who've visited. And while I haven't seen too many comments, I know you're out there. Let me know what you'd like to see more of here.

No comments: