Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Help Wanted: Book Reviewers

There was an excellent article in today's New York Times about the demise of book reviews in newspapers. It pointed to the emergence of some great literary blogs like maudnewton.com and the Elegant Variation as well as sites like the Emerging Writers' Network, where Dan Wickett has been putting together reams of electronic reviews and encouraging other writers to do the same.

Which brings me to my point. Though I've been reading voraciously, I'm not always able to digest them all into a nutritious review. So, I'm inviting others to submit reviews to me, which I'll look at -- probably edit a bit if the writing is particularly messy (hey, that's my job) -- and post. You can say you were published on the Elephant's Bookshelf! It's not much, and I can't offer any money at this point, but it's out there if you'd like to take advantage of it.

If you're interested, contact me at mattsinc@aol.com.